American Girl Movie Review: Felicity An American Girl Adventure

 

                       American Girl Movie Review: Felicity An American Girl Adventure

Hi and today I am going to be reviewing Felicity An American Girl Adventure movie:

Plot: Felicity Merriman is riding her horse though a field. Felicity says that "My Grandpa always told me to embrace the changes that life brings but it wasn't until last spring on my 10th Birthday that I truly understood how very difficult change could be." Felicity rides her horse over to her house and Felicity's sister Ann says that Felicity's mom been looking for Felicity. Felicity replies to Ann saying "It is a beautiful mourning for a ride don't you think." After coming home Felicity's mom says that girls do not ride horses the way Felicity did. Felicity's mom says to Felicity that today is her 10th Birthday and that she is growing into a independent young lady and that it is time for Felicity to take on some more responsibilities. In the kitchen Felicity says that "Cooking is so much work and afterwards it is all gone." Felicity's mom says "It is true there is nothing left that anyone can see but it gives me great pleasure knowing that I provided for my family and I want you to be a notable housewife when you grow up. One that gains pleasure by doing things for others." Then Felicity's Grandpa arrives. Felicity's Mom askes Felicity to go to the store and get the sugar if Felicity's wants her favorite cake. She goes out of the house to go and buy sugar at the her fathers general store. Inside the store Felicity sees Ben (the shop worker apprentice) and askes where is her dad and if she can get sugar. She also sees Marcus working at her father's store (Also a shop worker apprentice). Ben says that Felicity's father is in the counting room. Felicity then sees a girl whose name is later revealed as Elizabeth Cole and her older sister Annabelle shopping for some fabric for a ballgown dress. Annabelle was acting all rude about there being no great fabric and how there are probably no grand balls in Williamsburg, Virginia. Felicity says that "We also have grand party's here" and interduces herself as Felicity Merriman. Annabelle says: "You are the shopkeeper's daughter". Felicity says: "Yes" Annabelle replies saying that "I bet that you don't have the kind of dances we are accustomed to." Felicity says: "Lady Templeton's Christmas Eve ball is the grandest in all of our colonies."  Annabelle starts to leave when Elizabeth askes to quickly stay a little longer in the General store to get to know Felicity. Annabelle agrees and tall Elizabeth she will be outside. Elizabeth stats to talk with Felicity. Elizabeth says to Felicity "Please forgive my sister Annabelle. She woke up in a disagreeable mood several years ago." Felicity thought that was very funny.  Elizabeth's father then comes into the general store and Elizabeth interduces Felicity to her father. Elizabeth then leaves the store with her father and Felicity says goodbye to Elizabeth. Just then Felicity's father comes out of the counting room he was in. Felicity tells her father that she needs some sugar for a ginger cake for her birthday. Felicity askes if she can stay at the general store and help Marcus and Ben. Marcus is one of the shop workers too other than Ben. Felicity's father says no to Felicity helping Ben and Marcus at the store. Lady Templeton comes into the general store. She says hello to Felicity and Felicity's father. Lady Templeton tells Felicity that she barely recognises her and that Felicity is growing into a fine young lady. Lady Templeton askes Felicity if she had been practicing her dancing. Felicity's father says that "Felicity is really not much for dancing. She would much rather spend time at the stables." Lady Templeton says if Ben could bring a sack of oats to Lady Templeton's house. Felicity's dad says that he will have Ben deliver the oats to Lady Templeton's house after her delivers a saddle and bridle to Jiggy Nye. Lady Templeton replies saying that "Jiggy Nye does not deserve a horse much less a bridle! He beat his last horse to death and he is a cold-hearted scoundrel if you ask me!" Felicity exits the store and askes to go with Ben to deliver the oats to Lady Templeton's House and a saddle and bridle to Jiggy Nye's house. Ben says yes but only if she can keep up with him. Felicity says to Ben that she would really love to wear pants. Ben is surprised and says "I beg your pardon". Felicity says "Pants like yours because my dresses and petticoats are so bothersome!" Ben laughs and Felicity says "Why are you laughing at that? You should try to wear a petticoat one day and you would see." Ben says "You are a strange child Felicity Merriman." 

Spoilers end there go and watch the movie if you want to watch this movie go over to my post: What is everyone's favorite American Girl Movie? Also Free AG Movies! (americangirldollschatclub.blogspot.com)

What was good: I really loved the part where Felicity learned how to properly drink tea and dance. I also loved those colonial clothes Felicity was wearing they were so pretty. This movie thought me a lot about the colonial time period and about The American Revolution that lasted from 1775 to 1783.

What was not good: Everything was great in my opinion. 

Rating: 10/10

For Week 13 at the AG Book Club we are reading: Julie The Big Break: Julie_TheBigBreak.pdf (americangirl.com)

Ok Byeeee-Grace πŸ₯°

Comments

  1. Honestly, I definitely prefer the modern Girl of the Year movies especially Graces and Leas movies. But Felicity is definitely my favourite for the historical movies. I love the tea lesson scene too, it is so accurate of what girls were learning in that time. Also I love the scene when she rescues Penny. I have a horse that looks exactly like Penny and she is sooo cute.Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joss Lover 4 Ever, I love make posts and reviews for AG movies.
      So here are my top 3 favorite parts in this film:
      1. I also liked the Tea lessons because they looked so fun and interesting.
      2. I loved how Felicity helped Ben even though he was an escaped apprentice that Felicity's family was looking for. Felicity is so brave.
      3. I really loved the pretty ballroom dancing and classical music. I wish I could dance like that.
      Oh you have a horse that is so amazing. 🐴 I used to take horse riding lesions until I was about 8 or 9 years old. -Grace

      Delete
    2. Blogger has been acting pretty weird lately like for example some of the comments won't publish and because of that sometimes I have to rewrite the comment and also the delete comment button is gone so if I want to comment on someone else's blog it won't let me delete comment if I don't like it. Any problems you had Joss Lover 4 Ever?

      Delete
    3. I think that the girl of the year movies are better because they are more modern and almost all of the historical movies have some kind of problem with the volume such as Kit's and Samantha's movies. Felicity's movie is the only good one for me because I can hear the movie. πŸ˜‹

      Delete
    4. So on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being lowest and 10 highest) How would you rate my blog?

      Delete
    5. Oh definitely a 10, I check and comment on your blog like 100 times a day and it is amazing! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

      Delete
    6. I also really love the ballroom dance part and when they go in the horse carriage. I also love Felicity Dads shop it is so cool and looks exactly what a shop would look like in the 1700s.

      Delete
    7. The general store looks so actuate.

      Delete
    8. Thanks for your 10 star review of my blog. I can't believe that my blog became so popular since I first started in December 2020. Maybe you should start a doll blog and make posts about dolls too?

      Delete
    9. Also it has been pretty weird a lot of my comments take like 10 minutes to post or sometimes I can’t even press the post button. I don’t know why.

      Delete
    10. Ya I might do it if I have the time because right now I am learning Spanish plus we are about to get a puppy so I am pretty busy. I will definitely start a blog if I can find time to do it though.

      Delete
    11. I am having similar problems with blogger. Perhaps it is just a glitch and they will fix it.

      Delete
    12. If you do make a blog please tell me and I will give you some name and post ideas for it.

      Delete
  2. I love this movie too, it's my favorite of all AG's movies. :D It's nice to know that someone else likes it too.
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Quinley Welcome to my blog. How many American girl dolls (Or any other 18" dolls) do you have?

      Delete
    2. Hi Grace, I lost count somewhere between ten and nine I think? But I may be underestimating.

      Delete
    3. Oh wow that is a lot of doll's that you have Quinley. So how did you find out about my blog?

      Delete
    4. I found your blog through Luciana's blog, AG all day. :)

      Delete
    5. I know her blog I comment there sometimes. πŸ˜€

      Delete
    6. Her blog is cool. :) What is your favorite thing to blog about? I love doing doll photo shoots and photo stories (along with AGSMs) on my blog.

      Delete
    7. I love to blog about anything doll related.

      Delete
    8. πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ™‚

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just a random post!

Comment anything off topic here!

Comment anything off topic here!!!